Beef Stroganoff is a big hit in our house but cooking it on the stove is a little too time consuming these days. This crock pot recipe tastes just as good! To me, beef stroganoff is all about mushrooms!! The earthy mushrooms add such a nice flavor to the beef. ENJOY!
Beef Stroganoff (Crock Pot)
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. round steak (sliced in 1/4 in. strips)
- 1 onion , sliced
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 1 T . Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T . ketchup
- 1/2 t . paprika
- 1 can (10 oz.) beef broth
- 2 T . red wine (optional)
- 1/4 lb . fresh mushrooms , sliced
- 3 T . cornstarch
- 1/4 c . water or broth
- 1 c . sour cream
- Cooked rice or egg noodles
- Brown steak in a bit of oil - season with salt and pepper. Place in crock pot with onion and garlic.
- Mix Worcestershire sauce, paprika, broth and ketchup in a bowl. Pour mixture over steak.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 or 7 hours or until steak is tender.
- Add wine and mushrooms and turn heat to HIGH.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water or broth in a small bowl. Add to meat mixture, stirring until blended.
- Cover and cook on high 15 minutes or until slighty thickened.
- I also added a 1/2 c. of green peas at this point to give it a little color.
- Turn OFF and stir in sour cream.
- Serve over rice or egg noodles. Easy!