I am always looking for a new way to cook pork, so I thought I might give these smothered pork chops a try.
We served this with garlic mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach. Yum!
Smothered Pork Chops
2 onions, sliced
1/4 c. olive oil
6 boneless pork chops
1 c. flour (it can be gluten-free)
2 T. garlic powder
2 T. onion powder
1 t. cayenne pepper
1 t. salt
1/2 t. black pepper
1 can chicken broth
1. Mix flour and seasonings together in a pie plate or deep dish for dredging pork chops.
2. Saute the sliced onion as rings in the olive oil until lightly browned.
3. Dredge both sides of the pork chops in flour mixture.
4. Brown in the frying pan – 4 minutes or so per side. You want the inside to be slightly pink. Remove pork chops and onions to a plate.
5. Mix some of the extra seasoned flour in the oil and whisk the rest with the chicken broth. Add the chicken broth mix to the pan and simmer for a few minutes.
6. Add the pork and onions back to the pan. Cover with the gravy and simmer on low for about 40 minutes. The gravy is truly incredible!
Notes about my quantity of pork chops …
Other favorite pork recipes …