Another not-really-a-recipe recipe! This easy side dish is a huge favorite at my house and now that I am able to get local potatoes again, I am excited to add this back into our dinner repertoire. I recently got these beautiful red-skinned potatoes (below) from the Weaver Farm in Union Mills, North Carolina. They are just gorgeous and were perfect for this recipe. The red-skinned potatoes have such a light skin that you don’t need to do a thing to them except rinse off the dirt and chop them into bite-sized pieces.
This recipe only requires a few ingredients … potatoes, rosemary, olive oil, and salt. Nothing fancy. You can’t mess this up, I promise.
Spray your favorite baking dish with a little bit of oil and throw everything in – pop it in the oven and let it cook. Easy peasy. Enjoy. This is a great side dish for hamburgers on the grill or fancy stuffed chicken breasts. Kids or guests will approve…
Recipe for Roasted Potatoes With Rosemary
Roasted Potatoes With Rosemary
- 2 lbs red-skinned potatoes
- 1/8 cup olive oil maybe more
- 2 stalks rosemary stripped
- A few pinches of coarse sea salt
- Chop your potatoes into bite-sized pieces. If you don't have thin-skinned potatoes, you might want to peel them a little bit first but don't feel like you need to get all the peel off!
- Strip the leaves off of your stalks of rosemary. You can toss the leaves in whole or give them a rough chop with a sharp knife.
- Spray your baking dish with a little bit of oil. Toss the potatoes and rosemary into the pan, add the olive oil and use your fingers or 2 forks to coat the potatoes. Sprinkle a little coarse sea salt over the top.
- Pop the dish into the oven preheated to 425 degrees. Let it cook for 45 to 60 minutes. After about 20 minutes or so, take a spatula or wooden spoon and stir the potatoes so that they brown evenly.
- My kids don't love it when the potatoes are too crispy so I usually take mine out of the oven at around 45 minutes. Enjoy!
Other delicious potato sides …