This black-eyed pea salad is a perfect side dish for Taco Tuesday or any night of the week. And, no worries, you don’t need to soak any beans. Use canned beans for this easy recipe!
It is really, really nice if you have the time (and you remember) to soak some dried beans and cook them slowly. Alas, no such luck here! Canned beans are a pantry staple in my house for days when I need instant gratification. The other night, I needed a super simple side dish to accompany the delicious local bratwursts my husband was grilling outside so I grabbed a can of black-eyed peas from the cabinet and a cutting board and, in under 5 minutes, made this delicious salad.
This time of year is the perfect time to whip up some easy side dishes! This is one of the easiest I have made in a while and it was a big hit with the kids and adults.
Black Eyed Pea Salad
- 1 can black eyed peas , drained
- 1 tomato , chopped
- 1 or 2 slices of purple onion , diced
- handful of parsley , chopped
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher sea salt
- Drain and rinse the black eyed peas. Add the chopped tomatoes, onion, and parsley.
- Toss with the lime juice and olive oil. Season with kosher sea salt. Serve!