We compulsively save everything here. Everything. When we get to the end of a loaf of gluten-free bread, I wrap it up and stick it in the fridge until we need bread for croutons. The end crusts of bread make the best gluten-free herbed croutons!
Making gluten-free herbed croutons is such an easy process and they make a great topping for your favorite soup or salad. My kids like to snatch them hot right off the cookie sheet – as do I… Making croutons for our summer salads has become one of the tasks that is easily handed off to one of the kids. And my kids seem to love making anything where they can get their hands messy!
Gluten-Free Herbed Croutons
- A few end slices of gluten-free bread (crust pieces work great!)
- Olive oil
- Dried herbs (oregano, parsley, or Italian blend)
- Salt or garlic salt
- Cut slices of bread into about 9 equal squares.
- Place in medium sized bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil - add more if necessary. Add herbs.
- Toss the bread pieces with the olive oil and dried herbs and salt.
- Spread evenly on a cookie sheet.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes. Watch the oven - smaller croutons might not take as long as larger croutons.