I love any excuse to celebrate and Cinco de Mayo is as good an excuse as any! After you have had your fill of chips and queso and jalapeno margaritas, you might need a dessert. These strawberry gluten-free hand pies are where it’s at. Super easy. Kids and adults will DEVOUR them.
We made these for the first time for PI DAY. You, know, March 14 – 3.14. Cute, right? My daughter had a Battle of the Books competition and brought enough for the team. Yum. Any excuse to make a sweet treat!
Keegan is also on board with hand pies. They are just the right size for pudgy little baby hands. He really enjoyed using a fun circle cutter to make the shapes.
To make these look REALLY cute, I used my dumpling press. I love small kitchen tools. This one is inexpensive and it won’t take up any room in your cupboards. I got mine from Sur La Table for less than $10.
The theme for this week’s Sunday Supper recipes is EASY Cinco De Mayo ideas. I immediately thought of these delicious hand pies. You can’t get much easier than this. Making your own dough might seem daunting, but if you have a food processor, it can be done in minutes. For the filling, l find it easiest to cheat a bit and use strawberry pie filling from the grocery store. Easy peasy.
Strawberry Gluten-Free Hand Pies
Strawberry Gluten-Free Hand Pies #SundaySupper APRIL 30
- 6 1/2 T almost frozen butter
- 1 c gf flour
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 can strawberry filling
- 1 T cream or milk
- 1 t sugar
- Start making the dough in your food process - add butter, flour, and salt.
- Process flour, butter, and salt until crumbly
- Add 3 T ice cold water while pulsing
- Add a little more water if needed
- Roll out and use a 3 inch circle to cut out 8 hand pie circles
- Put 1 T strawberry filling in the middle of each circle
- Fold over with your dumpling press or do it by hand
- Seal edges. Cut a slit in the top. Brush with cream. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes on parchment paper or a silpat.
Gluten-Free Strawberry Hand Pies
Be sure to check out all the other delicious Sunday Supper recipes for Cinco De Mayo!!
Sunday Supper Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- Beef and Portobella Tostados by Our Good Life
- Cumin Spiced Potato Quesadillas by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Easy 5 Minute Restaurant Style Salsa by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fiesta Corn Dip Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Rotisserie Chicken Nachos by Pies and Plots
- Cherry Paloma by The Crumby Cupcake
- Spicy Micheladas by Food Lust People Love
- Strawberry Pineapple Agua Fresca by Authentically Candace
- Cheese Enchiladas with Red Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Chicken Tinga Chalupas by Palatable Pastime
- Chicken Tortilla Soup by Soulfully Made
- Chipotle Chicken and Black Bean Soup by Cooking Chat
- Mexican Chicken and Black Bean Casserole by Simple and Savory
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas with Mexican Slaw by A Mind Full Mom
- Southwestern Chicken Layered Salad with Cilantro Dressing by My Savory Spoon
Sides and Sauces
- Alambre Skillet Cheese Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Black Bean Cilantro Rice by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mango Habanero Sauce by Caroline’s Cooking
- Queso Fundido (Melted Cheese with Chorizo) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Slow Cooker Healthy Refried Beans by Cricket’s Confections
- Blueberry-Chocolate Jicamuffins by What Smells So Good?
- Carlota de Limón – Lime Charlotte by Sunday Supper Movement
- Flourless Mexican Hot Chocolate Cake by Baking Sense
- Margarita Cupcakes by Gourmet Everyday
- Oreo Taco Cookies by Ninja Baker
- Sopapilla-Inspired Cheesecake Bars by Books n’ Cooks
- Strawberry Gluten-Free Hand Pies by And She Cooks
- Chicken Street Tacos by The Freshman Cook
- Chicken Fajitas by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lime Chicken Soft Tacos by Life Tastes Good
- Mini Taco Bowl Bites by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Pineapple Lime Chicken Tacos by Brunch-n-Bites
- Taco Bake by My World Simplified
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.