If you haven’t tried a black bean and corn salsa, now is your chance.
This easy appetizer will be a huge hit at summer barbecues and picnics. The simple combination of a few canned ingredients that you probably have on hand in your pantry plus a few fresh local veggies and herbs will create a super tasty treat for all!
You don’t need to wait for corn season to make this delicious appetizer or side dish. It’s perfect for Taco Tuesday or a Sunday barbeque with your family. Your friends and your kids will love this!
Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 1 can black beans , drained
- 1 can corn , drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic , mashed with a little bit of kosher salt to make a slight paste
- 3 or 4 scallions , chopped
- Handful of fresh parsley or cilantro , chopped
- Sprinkle of salt to taste
Combine all the ingredients in one large bowl - I used the same size cans for all three main ingredients - about 14 ounces.
Gently stir to combine. Taste. Add a little bit of salt if necessary.
Serve with tortilla chips! So easy!