Another yummy blueberry recipe… This blueberry quick bread recipe is a family favorite. Super easy. The secret ingredient is corn meal.
What’s better than picking blueberries in the summer? We try to go every year. We can never pick enough! Some years, we have enough to freeze, but usually they don’t last long enough. They just taste so good!
Blueberry Quick Bread
1 3/4 c. all-purpose gluten-free flour
1 c. blueberries
1/4 c. yellow cornmeal
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. sugar
2 lg. eggs
1/2 c. milk
1/3 c. unsalted butter
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
1. Heat oven to 375. Coat bottom and halfway up sides of an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-in. loaf pan.
2. Place flour in medium bowl. Remove 1 Tbsp. flour and toss with blueberries in a small bowl. To remaining flour, add yellow cornmeal, baking powder and salt; mix well.
3. In another medium bowl, whisk sugar with eggs, milk, melted butter and lemon juice.
4. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just blended; fold in blueberries. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cool quick bread in pan on wire rack 5 minutes, remove pan and cool completely.
Other Favorite Quick Breads