During Lent, I am always looking for easy, after school dinners to satisfy our fish-on-Friday requirements. This recipe is SO easy. Ridiculously easy. Chances are good that you even have most of these ingredients on hand to make this dinner tonight…
Potato Crusted Tilapia
1 lb tilapia filets (about 6 to 8 total)
A few tablespoons of your favorite mustard (I love our local Saucy Lady’s Spicy Mustard)
A few tablespoons mayonnaise
Instant mashed potato flakes (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
Salt & pepper
1. Grease a baking dish and set aside.
2. Combine mayonnaise and mustard on one plate and generously sprinkle potato flakes on another plate. I have been using the most amazing
3. Lightly salt and pepper both sides of your tilapia filets.
4. Coat the tilapia evenly (messily) with the mayo/mustard combination and then dredge both sides in the potato flakes. Place in the greased baking dish.
5. Repeat until all the filets are coated in the mayo/mustard and potato flakes. I like to lightly season all of the filets with a bit of freshly ground salt and pepper – seasoned salt works well, too!
6. Bake at 425 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
|Potato Crusted Tilapia … Bake for 25 minutes at 425 degrees
A few notes …
** I like to cook my fish in the top half of the oven so the potato flakes get a little bit crispy. Serve with your favorite green salad! Enjoy!
** This is a quick but messy meal to prepare – if your fingers aren’t covered in potato flakes and mayonnaise and mustard, then you are probably doing something wrong…
** 1 pound of tilapia served 2 adults and 4 children – 4 small but hungry children. If you have some big eaters in your house, you might want to buy a bit more fish and cook your filets on a foil-lined cookie pan.