I made this recipe for the first time when my oldest daughter was diagnosed with strep throat. Five kids and fifteen years and this was our first strep diagnosis. Knock on wood we keep that track record! As soon as she got a positive strep test, I raced home to make a homemade chicken soup with a TON of garlic and parsley. Jump to Recipe
We eat a lot of garlic here. A lot. I try to use about 10 cloves a day in whatever I am cooking for dinner. Parsley also has a ton of beneficial health properties so I try to keep some growing at all times.
Homemade chicken soup is incredibly easy, but if you want to make superpower chicken broth, make your own in your Instant Pot.
Homemade Instant Pot Chicken Broth Recipe
Homemade Instant Pot Chicken Broth
- 2 carrots roughly chopped
- 4 celery tops whole
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 10-12 cloves garlic
- 1 whole organic chicken
- 6 cups water
- Put everything into an Instant Pot and close the valve. Set to manual 25 minutes. Let it slow release for about 10 minutes and then manual release the rest.
- Strain the broth and then make the soup.
Discard the veggies. Put in your compost. Shred the chicken and set aside for the soup.
Part II – Make Your Chicken Soup!
After you make the broth in your Instant Pot, strain the broth and then make the soup. Discard the veggies. Pull apart the chicken. The chicken soup will only take about 15 to 20 minutes to make and it will have so much flavor!
Homemade Chicken Soup With Instant Pot Chicken Broth
Easy Homemade Chicken Soup
- 6-8 cups homemade broth
- 1 cup of shredded chicken
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 8-10 cloves garlic
- 1-2 red skinned potatoes chopped
- 1 can corn
- Salt and pepper
- Handfuls of parsley - for the end
- Cook everything for 15-20 minutes over medium heat. Top with parsley.