This Instant Pot gluten-free mac and cheese recipe was life-changing for me. It is basically like I am not even cooking. (Jump to Recipe)
Twice a month, my house gets cleaned. For approximately 3 hours, or until all the kids get off the bus, my house sparkles. And, on those two glorious days every month, I don’t cook dinner and I torture my kids with leftovers or pizza. 🍕Now that I have started to use the Instant Pot more, my kids sometimes get actual dinner and not just leftovers because, honestly, using the Instant Pot keeps my kitchen clean!
Using the Instant Pot is basically like not cooking. It feels like I am kind of cheating my way to a homemade dinner. But I am totally ok with that. This Mac and cheese came out pretty amazing and I only have one dirty pan. 🙌🏻 AND it took me 10 minutes. No lie. So fast.
Easy Gluten-Free Instant Pot Mac and Cheese Recipe
Gluten-Free Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb gluten free penne I used Schar - 1 box and 1/3 of another box to make 16 oz
- 4 T butter
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed/ground black pepper - or a steak seasoning
- 4 cups water
- 4 T cream cheese
- 1 cup half and half
- 3 1/2 cups shredded cheese - I used sharp cheddar and Monterey Jack
- Put penne in Instant Pot. Add butter and seasonings. Top with water.
- Put cover on the Instant Pot. Set the valve to seal.
- Using the manual option, cook for 6 minutes if using Schar. (If using another brand, divide cook time on the box in half and subtract 1 minute.)
- When the Instant Pot beeps, quick release the steam valve.
- Add cream cheese. Stir well with a wooden spoon until mixed in.
- Add the milk or half and half and the shredded cheese. Serve until melted and mixed in.
- Serve immediately or put the cover back on! Don’t unplug the Instant Pot until you’re done serving/eating. I served kids over an hour apart due to sports practices and all I needed to do was stir it again before serving. Enjoy!