I really love to stretch one meal really, really thin! The roast I cooked on Tuesday fed my family for three straight days and every meal was fabulous. Tonight I made a super easy frittata. Honestly, I have never made a frittata before and really it is just like a crustless quiche with no milk and it cooks in 1/4 the time. My kind of meal.
Roast Beef and Potato Frittata
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 green pepper finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 1/2 c leftover steak or roast chopped - about 1 to 1 1/2 cups
- 1 c leftover potatoes chopped - about 1 cup
- 4 eggs or 1 cup egg beaters
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup cheese - I used a Mexican blend and shredded cheddar
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Saute onion, garlic and green pepper in the butter or olive oil for a few minutes until tender. Add the steak and potatoes. Heat through for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Whisk the mustard into the eggs. (I used Egg Beaters and it made the process a lot easier.) Pour the eggs over the steak and potatoes mixture. If you are using an oven safe pan, take the pan off the burner and put it in the oven to cook for about 10 minutes. I decided to transfer my frittata to a pie pan. It took about 10 minutes until the frittata looked like it was set. Remove from the oven, add the cheese and put it back in the over for about 2 to 3 more minutes.
This recipe could not be any easier! (Or faster!) Enjoy!