We have a local bagel place that makes the most amazing chocolate chip cream cheese. Unfortunately, A) it can be super expensive to get enough to feed all my kids, and B) they don’t sell gluten-free bagels. So, adding to our list of things we are now making during quarantine … Chocolate chip cream cheese! Super easy. So good!
Necessity is the mother of invention!
Necessity is the mother of invention, friends. We make a lot of bakery items at home – like Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Scones, Gluten-free Jelly Donuts, and our fam favorite Victoria Sandwich Cake, really because it can be tricky to find any of these items made gluten-free – but also because it can really be easy to DIY. I save money and time. Now that I have figured out how easy it is to make this cream cheese, we will definitely be making it again.
I am not exaggerating – I kind of want to cry because it tastes so good. This is what a million something days alone in your house with five kids will do to a person. Tears over cream cheese.
I used two 8 ounce containers of cream cheese – one of them was whipped cream cheese. I really think you can use anything you have on hand. Look for some cream cheese on sale and grab 2! After I (literally) whipped up this cream cheese, I stored it in a pint container that looked legit like I had just picked it up at the deli. But I didn’t. Mom ingenuity for the win! Also … this made enough cream cheese to last us for almost two weeks!
Other Favorite Breakfast Treats
Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Recipe
Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese
You don't need to find a fancy deli ... make this at home!
- 2 8 oz packages of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sugar more if you need it
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- I used containers of cream cheese because that's what I had on hand. I had one regular container and one container of whipped cream cheese. I think any kind of cream cheese will work for this.
- Put your ingredients in your stand mixer. Set to low and mix together. Taste test and see if you want it a little bit sweeter. We added a little more sugar.