Creamy Black Bean and Corn Dip. YUM. It’s like my black bean and corn salsa, only creamier and – dare I say – better??
What do you discuss in the pool on a hot summer day? If you happen to be hanging out with me and my kiddos, there is a good chance that I will somehow turn the conversation to food. Last week, I needed some super-quick ideas for easy and appealing appetizers.
My friend, Michelle, suggested that I make a spicy corn dip. It sounded delicious but by the time I got home I forgot exactly what was supposed to go into the spicy corn dip and so I concocted a slight variation on Michelle’s suggestion … I served this dip with salty lime tortilla chips. Yum.
Creamy Black Bean and Corn Dip
- About 1 cup of corn
- 1 can black beans , drained
- 4 ounces sour cream (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 scallions , chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers , seeded and chopped
- Combine all the ingredients into one bowl! Stir and let the flavors come together.
- I let my dip sit in the fridge for a few hours before the party and there was still a little bit left for leftovers the next day and it still tasted great.
- Serve with chips. Enjoy!