If you are looking for a super easy, very tasty adult beverage for a breakfast or brunch, this fizzy mimosa punch is for you. Hosting a get-together should be fun for you, too, and trying to accommodate multiple drink requests can be tricky – a party drink is the answer to keeping your sanity. Whether I am having ladies over for a brunch or colleagues for a fun evening gathering, I love to have a pitcher or a punch bowl or a slow cooker full of a “signature drink” for the event.
For my ladies brunch last week and Christmas breakfast with my fun in-laws this week, this fizzy mimosa punch was a huge hit. This punch takes just a couple of minutes to put together and I promise your guests will love it.
A few tips … Don’t skip the sherbet in this punch! It might seem a little retro but, trust me, those ladies in the 50s and 60s were onto a good thing. You need just enough sherbet to create a little bit of creaminess. If you have a large enough punch bowl, double this recipe! You won’t regret it. If you want more fizz, add more seltzer water. This recipe will serve 10 servings over ice. If you have 10 people over, no one gets a refill! Don’t do that to your friends. If you have more than 5 people joining you, double this recipe – 2 bottles of champagne and 1 full bottle of orange juice.
Fizzy Mimosa Punch
- 1 bottle sparkling wine , brut, cava, or prosecco (750 mL)
- 1 quart orange juice (1/2 bottle / 25 ounces)
- 6 scoops orange sherbet
- 1 can seltzer water (12 ounces)
- 1 orange , cut in circular slices
- Combine champagne, orange juice, seltzer water, orange slices and orange sherbet in a large punch bowl.
- Stir a little bit to create a foamy top layer. Serve over ice.