These not-fried refried beans are such an easy, family favorite!
We love to have beans with our tacos on Taco Tuesdays but I never buy canned refried beans anymore because my kids just wouldn’t eat them. Honestly, now that I make up these not-fried refried beans, I don’t blame them. This version is so much tastier!!
Grab a can of your favorite beans – really any type of bean will work. All you need is some onion, garlic, a little olive oil, and a dash of coarse sea salt and you will have yourself some yummy not-fried refried beans in minutes.
We love to get our black beans based on whatever is on sale! Some of our favorites are the organic black beans from Harris Teeter. Easy peasy.
Not-Fried Refried Beans Recipe
Not-Fried Refried Beans
- 1 can of beans , drained
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic , smashed or diced
- A few slices of onion , chopped
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
- Cilantro or parsley , chopped (optional)
- Combine the garlic, onion, coarse sea salt and olive oil in a small saucepan and heat on medium-low. Stir until the onion and garlic are almost translucent.
- Add the can of drained beans. Stir well to incorporate the onions and garlic. Heat through for a minute or two.
- Using a potato masher or pastry blender, mash the beans. Stir well. Mash again. If you want to add cilantro or parsley, add it at the very end. Serve!
Other favorite Taco Tuesday recipes …