Peaches, peaches, peaches. I love this time of year! In North Carolina, we start to get farm fresh peaches in May and can usually get them through the better part of the summer. No matter where you are in the country, you should be able to find sweet, delicious peaches at your local farm stand or grocery store so you can make this amazing peach and blackberry crisp. Jump to Recipe
This peach and blackberry crisp is EMBARRASSINGLY easy. So easy. We had a weekend tennis cookout this weekend and I needed to make an appetizer or a dessert. I went with dessert. As you can see from the photo below, it was enjoyed by all who had an opportunity to test it out. And, for those of you who didn’t get a taste… you really missed out.
Blackberries are also pretty easy to find this time of year and they are probably pretty sweet. If not, I toss my blackberries with about 1 tablespoon of sugar to create a little more sweetness before putting them in the pan.
Tiny Bit Of Sweetener
Definitely toss the peaches in about 2 tablespoons of sugar while you mix the topping ingredients. This recipe only needs 2 to 3 tablespoons of sugar for the entire dessert – not a bad amount at all! But don’t think you can skip it altogether – the sugar on the peaches will combine with the topping and the natural juices from the fruit to make a lick-the-plate delicious sauce.
Gluten-Free Or Regular Flour Is Fine
If you do not eat gluten-free, by all means, use your regular flour! But, if you are gluten-free, this recipe is one of those recipes that you can enjoy, share with your friends, and no one will notice anything amiss. You use such a small amount of flour – only 1/3 of a cup. I usually have the King Arthur flour around the house so that’s what I used for this recipe but you can use whatever you have. I also used Cabot unsalted butter but if you have salted butter, use it! It won’t change the recipe a bit.
Kids In The Kitchen
Any type of crisp recipe is a great way to get your little kids helping in the kitchen. In fact, my 11-year-old can make this entirely by herself. It’s foolproof. She likes me to help with the oven but, other than that, she can pretty much knock this out all alone while I sip on my coffee and eat bonbons. Or, more likely, make sure the baby isn’t chasing the dog or falling down the stairs somewhere…
Summer Fun! Long Story …
The funny story about this dessert is that we made it in the morning, thinking that I would need to bring it to a cookout around 4 or 5 in the afternoon. Haha. My daughter and I played a nailbiter of a tennis match in the annual parent-child tennis tournament in the scorching sun and then leisurely headed over to the cookout… Only to find out that we had, in fact, missed the cookout. The cookout was not at 4 or 5. The cookout was, apparently from 12 to 2 – right when we were melting into the earth playing tennis in the middle of a beautiful, but ungodly hot, field.
No worries. We found some forks and some extra plates and shared our peach and blackberry crisp with friends. We all made quick work of the crisp. Julia and I had thirds – we earned it.
You need to make this peach and blackberry crisp. Do it! If you have the opportunity to bring it to a potluck, might I suggest you double-check the time of your event…
Peach and Blackberry Crisp Recipe
Peach and Blackberry Crisp
- 4 large peaches , sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 pint blackberries
- 3 T raw sugar
- 1/3 c gluten-free flour (I used King Arthur's)
- 2/3 c light brown sugar
- 2/3 c oats
- A few dashes of cinnamon and nutmeg (if you have them!)
- 6 T butter , softened (I used Cabot unsalted)
Slice peaches. Toss with 2 T sugar.
Toss blackberries with 1 T sugar.
Using two knives or a pastry blender, combine flour, brown sugar, and butter. Add oats. Add cinnamon and nutmeg.
Spray 9 inch pie pan with a non-stick spray.
Dump peaches into pie pan. Top with blackberries.
Evenly spread crisp mixture over the top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Other favorite berry recipes …
For more delicious peach recipes, check out all today’s posts from the Sunday Supper Family!
- Bourbon & Peach Porkbelly Bites by Girl Abroad
- Cherry-Peach Bruschetta by Dessert Geek
- Grilled Peach Caprese with Blackberry Balsamic by The Crumby Cupcake
- How to Make Peach Gazpacho with Cucumber by Asian in America
- Peach Blueberry Burrata Quesadilla by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Brandy Peach Lemonade by Nosh My Way
- Citrus Peach Sangria by Sunday Supper Movement
- Dairy-Free Strawberry Peach Smoothie by Cooking Chat
- Frozen Peach Margarita by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Peach and Blueberry Wine Slushies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peach Ginger Bellini by kimchi MOM
- Peach Whiskey Smash by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Trà Đào (Vietnamese Peach Tea) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ginger Peach Freezer Jam by Peaceful Cooking
Sides & Salads:
- Fresh Peach Cucumber Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Grilled Peach Summer Salad with Arugula and Haloumi Cheese byThe Hungry Goddess
- Italian Peach Panzanella Bread Salad by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic Syrup by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peach, Tomato and Mint Salad by Our Good Life
- Chicken, Peaches, and Arugula on a Focaccia Roll by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Peach & Basil Flatbread by My Life Cookbook
- Grilled Peaches and Shrimp Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Peach Glazed Pork Chops and Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
- Pork Tacos with Grilled Peach Salsa by Baking Sense
- Roasted Flank Steak with Fresh Peach Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Any Fruit Custard Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Biscuit Topped Peach Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peach Cobbler Minis by April Golightly
- Frozen Peach Cheesecake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Peach Apricot Crisp by Desserts Required
- Grilled Peach Melba by Hardly A Goddess
- Honey Almond Ricotta Stuffed Grilled Peaches by She Loves Biscotti
- No-Churn Peach Pie Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Peach and Blackberry Crisp by And She Cooks
- Peaches and Cream Cobbler Popsicles by Crazed Mom
- Peaches and Cream Pie by Cooking on the Ranch
- Peach and Pistachio Tart by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peach Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peach Honey Pecan Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Peach Willy by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Peaches and Lime Sorbet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Peaches and Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Simple Peach Cobbler by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Spiked Skillet Peach, Pecan and Blueberry Crumble by From Gate to Plate
- Streusel-Topped Peach Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Summer Fruit Pie by Pies and Plots